here is my intervention video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RVsRv4cLR0&feature=youtu.be
the idea behind the video is that this is a mini movie within the greater movie, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. this mini movie follows a stormtrooper who hands out missing persons flyers to the students at SFSU.
I wanted this to be funny and also capture the responses of the students of which they were quite broad in range. everything from dismissive or uninterested, which I found strange since you normally don't see a strormtrooper walking around campus anywhere. to real interest, I had a lot of people wanting to take pictures or have what I was handing out. kids were stopping what they were doing and running across campus to approach me. and finally what appeared to be a general irritancy towards me. I had approached these to girls who were deep in conversation who appeared mildly irritated that I had interrupted them.
I had fun with this project and would do it again since wearing the costume liberated me to do things and approach people that I wouldn't normally do. the only disappointment was that the music I used for the video is copyrighted and had to be muted.
No comments:
Post a Comment